A new version of the Aurora Library Management System Cloud Desktop has been released to all library customers during May 2018.
Highlights of the May 2018 release include:
Cataloguing & Headings
- It is now possible to add and edit series authorities completing the authority maintenance set.
- The Headings screen contains an option to filter a search by a specific heading tag.
- An operator may now edit a related authority for a heading via a new option in the contextual menu in Bibliographic Cataloguing.
- A new ‘View’ tab in Bibliographic Cataloguing allows an operator to move tagged fields from one bib record to another via drag and drop.
- The operator may now edit the child holding sub-location value.
- Improvements to hyperlink colour code matching including series authorities.
- Options that are hidden when navigating to the Child holding tab are now made visible again when returning to the Details tab.
- Improvements in listing recent works changed by an operator
- A new check box 'Tasks Run' allows an operator to easily view when important tasks were last run
Homebound (Home Library Service)
- Improvements for the Lookup search.
- New column for User general note (U_Notes) is now shown in picking list
- When adding a profile the options default to SIC codes if any present, else default to Subjects
- The automatic profile allocation is now in random order providing a more varied selection for homebound users.
Reports and Statistics
- New web analytics and maps links
- Reserve notice statistical breakdowns are now in Key Reports including counts per day, method and ratio
- Suggestion action was previously not matching correctly on the home library
- Option to Re-register user change to normal status.
- Closed days now requires Add button to be pressed to be more intuitive.
- Option to block Set-aside/Holds functionality.
- Able to define default Braille item format.
Click here for the complete list of changes released in 2018.